Design & Proposal Engineer Dredging
For tis role with our Shipbuilding Client we are looking for an experienced Design & Proposal Engineer Dredging who will manage the following:
- Product development and optimization including market research and concept design;
- Selecting the best fitting vessels/tools based on the customer requirements and a standardized design optimized with standard options. Here the aim is to use the most (costs) effective way to transport soil from A to B;
- Preparing ship designs, specifications, cost calculations and build strategies for sales prospects;
- Provide technical support to the sales organization during the contracting process, for example by giving presentations or providing calculations;
- Liaising with internal departments (Research, Engineering) and external parties for optimal project results;
- Optimizing (standard) designs, in order to lower the price and enhance quality, reliability and the functionality of the vessels;
- Keeping track of the overall progress in the pre-sales phase.
This role requires the following:
- Bachelor degree in Naval Architecture and Engineering;
- Preferably a minimum 5 years relevant work experience;
- Good verbal and written command of the English language;
- You are customer-oriented and you have good communication skills.
- Experience with Naval & Dredging is an advantage.
- You are willing to travel