Design Engineer Piping
As a design engineer piping you ensure a proper routing of different systems in a 3D System, from which you generate isometrics, drawings and material lists for pipeline systems in shipbuilding industry.
You will be employed on one or more projects at the same time, and together with other designers you deliver a package that is in line with the requirements of our clients.
The projects you will be working on are basic and detail design projects in the shipbuilding industry and particular dredgers and mega-yachts.
During the projects we make use of different software in 2D as well as 3D.
Some of the software packages, frequently used, are Nupas-Cadmatic, AutoCad and Inventor.
Development and delivery of design sketches, drawings and documents on base of the project scope.
- On a permanent base consulting with the involved Project Manager, Team Leader or Project Engineer.
- Ensuring the progress of the assignment.
- Critical and solutions oriented thinking together with the project team in order to pursue the best customer satisfaction.
- Checking the content and formal quality of the own plan files and documents.
- Maintain and expand the individual knowledge and expertise.
- Expanding control of multiple drawing packages (2D-3D) and other technical software.
A completed bachelor degree Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent by experience
- Preferably, a first work experience with 2D and 3D drawing packages in engineering (piping, marine & offshore or industry)
- Experience and affinity within shipbuilding (piping) or the machinehouw industry is an advantage
- Good communication and writing skills