The diagram/ P&ID Engineers works on several tasks in Mechanical Engineering. He/ she is responsible for the basic engineering for ship systems based upon piping flow diagrams (PFD’s), the ships specifications, classification rules and internal standards. The engineers delivers the basis for the pipe routing in the ships 3D model and supports the activities during design-, build- and commissioning phases. Calculating and determination of the right sizes of piping is also part of the responsibilities, together with drafting P&ID’s during the basic engineering phase.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Designs ship systems for maritime projects based on Piping Flow Diagrams, ship-specifications, (class) rules and regulations
- Carries out or manages the calculations on sizes of piping
- Carries out in detail technical discussions and with other colleagues
- Draws P&ID’s
- Defines required components and registers each component into PDM-system (eg team-center)
- Checks data issued by the suppliers and makes sure the communication and interfacing is in line with the technical specification department
- Bachelor level by education or based on experience.
- Knowledge of piping systems in Maritime or Offshore
- Experienced in 3D CAD software (Microstation or AutoCAD or Cadmatic)
- Familiar with Class-regulated products
- Good Engineering Practices
- Aware of quality and budget
- Able to communicate good with internal and external parties
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal).
- Well organized and precise working attitude